What we have to offer:
- Rewarding project work;
- Tremendous learning and career development opportunities – on the job and paid training;
- A competitive salary;
- Benefits package;
- 2 weeks’ of vacation plus a paid week off at Christmas;
- A modern and chic office space;
- Annual retreats;
- A Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm work week;
- And the list goes on!
What you’ll do:
- Participate in all stages of software development – from early brainstorming to coding and bug fixing;
- Convert Sketch or Auxure RP Pro designs into custom built WordPress themes;
- Create WordPress themes from scratch as well as modify existing themes;
- Troubleshoot issues including CSS, JS, browser compatibility, responsive design, layouts;
- Perform back-end development work;
- Work in version-controlled environments, particularly BitBucket;
- Write excellent, performant code and test code in various browsers and smartphones;
- And work as part of a team to achieve a high quality end product.
What you’ll need:
A thorough understanding and enthusiasm about overall website design, including usability, industry standards, architecture and navigation;
- Documented experience in front-end and back-end website development using WordPress;
- Ability to integrate using our starter Root io Bedrock and zSage start theme;
- Experience with WordPress is required. (Example: building a theme from scratch is no sweat, and customizing existing frameworks is right up your alley!);
- Advanced level competency with CSS & HTML (Sass, HTML5/CSS3, SASS, PHP a big plus, as well as responsive design techniques);
- Well-rounded understanding of WooCommerce, and Payment Gateways;
- Experience troubleshooting browser compatibilities;
- Understanding of modern web technologies, mobile technologies, and web development processes;
Who you are:
- You have 2+ years’ of experience in the web development field.
- Someone who can work well both independently and/or within a team environment.
- You have high energy, confidence and a passion for the job.
- You are able to meet deadlines on time with a high level of quality.
- Comfortable in responding to a high-volume of support requests at times.
- You are an effective communicator.
- You love to learn new things!
- You always have the customer in mind.
Contact JAC at email@example.com
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.