High School Internship Program
About the program
techNL’s High School Internship Program will recruit and place talented high school students in technical and business roles within technology companies in Newfoundland and Labrador. The full-time roles will be paid a stipulated salary with techNL covering 75% of the cost. The students and participating companies will undergo training prior to student placements for optimal program performance.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Provide high school students with an inside look at the unique environment, community, and culture of a technology company.
- Help high school students improve their technical and business skills, build trust in their abilities, increase awareness and better prepare them for opportunities in the technology sector.
- Help participating companies become more innovative — students provide fresh ideas and perspective that often spark innovation and can improve processes and increase efficiency.
- Promote leadership skills for employees and increase motivation through mentoring of high-school interns.
- Benefit the companies in the medium-long term by helping them discover and train quality talent that will fuel the future workforce in the technology sector.
- Enable high school students to develop vital personal networks and relationships with industry workers and other students who share their passion for technology and computing.
- Improve the participation of women and other underrepresented groups in the tech sector.
techNL is pleased to announce the first cohort of the program for 2021-2022.
The first cohort of the High School Tech Immersion Program will recruit and place about 50 talented high school students in technical and business roles within reputed technology companies in Newfoundland and Labrador for a period of 9 weeks between June – August, 2021.
techNL will contribute, per student, 75% of the hourly rate of $15 @ 35 hours per week over eight (9) weeks to each of the fifty (50) students. The company will contribute 25% of the salary during the internship period.
Participating in the program is free for techNL members. There is a fee of $300 for non-techNL members. This fee covers program administration costs and a mandatory group training component.
Participating companies are required to provide a training allowance for one micro-credential per intern.
The selection of participating companies is competitive. Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate that they
- They are a tech company.
- Demonstrate they can support the intern with the necessary resources for their career development in their role.
How to apply
- Please apply to determine your eligibility.
- To Apply: +Click Here
- The deadline to apply is 8th March 2021.
- Processing time: One week.
- For any questions email email@example.com.